Thursday, September 29, 2011

So I took the metro down to Ouchy...

















I said I’d be gone for only a half hour. That was not correct. And for some reason, I figured the DH wouldn’t mind, and might not even notice. But he did. He called, wondering where I was. I thankfully was already on my way back when he called, but his concern and underlying disappointment hit me. He is truly a man of his word - if he tells you something, unless it’s a completely obvious joke, he sticks to it. Naturally, he expects the same of those around him. I hate letting him down. Thankfully, he didn’t seem to mind too much. But it left me with a pretty strong reminder to be a person of integrity, even with the little things.

1 comment:

Anna said...

What a fabulous walk! Ouchy seems so... normal to me that I sometime forgot how pretty it was, thank you for reminding it to me :) I was in middle school there and it took me five minutes to go to the lakeside... so my eyes got used to it.
Anyway, glad DH did not mind too much about your "escapade"... Sometimes, time just flies...

Anne
(http://chroniclekid.wordpress.com)