Saturday, September 17, 2011

My current occupation

So, after about 3 weeks of exploration and relative idleness, I'm now occupied! Nope, it's not an occupation in the sense that it's a paying job, but it is work. But before I get into that, here’s what my commute looks like:





Not bad, huh? :)


Perhaps I should clarify. This is what Leg #3 of my commute looks like; Leg #1 is a short metro ride from the CHUV to Ours, and Leg #2 is a bus from Place d’Ours to the bus terminal called Val-Vert. Lately I’ve taken to walking from Val-Vert to Belmont, the town where I’m volunteering, because why wait 30 minutes for a bus when walking takes nearly the same time? And with views like this, exercise has become so much more appealing :)


I really enjoy the work I’ve been doing. I scored this “job” (that pays no money) from a member of our local church, who is super-involved with leading our church’s various peace organizations. Of them, I am involved in 3: the Universal Peace Federation (UPF), the Women’s Federation for World Peace (WFWP), and the Geneva Interfaith Intercultural Alliance (GiiA). GiiA’s the main one I’m involved with; it includes a youth simulation of an Inter-religious Peace Council, which is meeting on the 23rd of September! I am in the speakers’ list as a delegate representing my faith, Unificationism, and will be speaking on what sorts of concrete action I think the council could take to promote inter-religious and intercultural cooperation. It’s exciting, but intimidating as well; hundreds of people will be there, and I really hope I don’t come off as an uninformed buffoon. Anyway, we’ll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Andria said...

I wish even one of the 'legs' of my commute was this picturesque! haha glad you've found something to be involved in :) good luck with it all