Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Creating


While I was in Bourg-en-Bresse, I did a bit of crafting.


It started out with these canvases I bought at what is currently my favorite store in the whole wide world, Cultura - it's basically a cross between Barnes & Noble and AC Moore. I set up shop on my family's balcony, and got to painting.


My original plan for these was to paint something pretty, and then turn the canvases into an unconventional bulletin board.



But the more I painted, the more I started to drift from the idea, until I completely changed my mind. They’re just too pretty…




Overall, I've learned two things:

1) This may have been the first time I've painted on canvas, but it will not be the last.
2) Creating is the yum of the spirit, spread out for others to see.



1 comment:

Andria said...

beautiful! to decorate your new home :) you are becoming quite the artiste ;)